Phone: 630.260.6112 ext. 1128
Degrees and Certifications:
BA in Mathematics MA in Educational Leadership
Hello, my name is Jennifer Simon and I am the 6th grade mathematics teacher for Team 6-1, as well as the Team Leader.
This will be my 13th year teaching mathematics at Glenside. I have taught math at the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade levels.
I am excited to be your math teacher and watch you grow as a mathematician.
Grade 6 Overview
Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
The Number System
- Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
- Multiply and divide multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers.
Expressions and Equations
- Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
Statistics and Probability
- Develop understanding of statistical variability.
- Summarize and describe distributions.