Return to Headlines

Holiday Pause

November 11, 2020

Dear Queen Bee Families,

I hope that this letter finds you both healthy and safe.  As I am sure that you are aware, the public health situation has intensified considerably over the past few weeks.  We have seen a significant increase in the rate of community spread, test positivity, and an increase in the acuity of infection to individuals.  This pattern is consistent across our community, our county, and throughout the state of Illinois.  The public health metrics upon which we rely to make our decisions regarding the conduct of our Hybrid Instructional program can be found on our website, and they have all trended to indicate a Substantial Risk of Transmission.  

I have been working with our district COVID Safety Team to review our practices, procedures, and the updated public health data throughout this emergency in order to model transparency and to ensure that our decisions are informed by the best data available.  Despite our decision to pause our Hybrid and the implementation of the best practices available for virus mitigation, we have seen an increase in infections among our employees and within the community.  

Following a careful review of the best internal and external data, we will be extending the pause of our Hybrid Instructional Program through the Winter Holiday Break.  There appears to be little chance of a window of Orange Rating or Moderate Risk of Transmission, and a return to Hybrid for a week or two would present a further disruption to our students who have already endured significant disruptions throughout the course of this year.  It is my intention to review the available public health data on, January 11th, 2021 and make a determination if the data supports a return to Hybrid as early as January 14th, 2021.  I am hopeful that the rate of infection will begin to subside, and the numbers will then indicate that it is reasonable to be conducting In-person instruction.  

The pandemic has presented us all with challenges that few imagined facing and problems that even fewer prepared to solve.  The safety of our students, families, and employees remains our priority, and education remains our charge.  The current probability of transmission within our schools remains high at this level of spread and infection, and I don’t require an outbreak to make a responsible decision.  We remain committed to delivering an outstanding education under the current conditions, and we will resume our Hybrid Instructional Program when the metrics indicate that it is reasonable to do so.  

I continue to appreciate your patience, partnership, and understanding as we continue to meet the challenges presented to us head-on and with integrity.  We remain committed to our continuous improvement, and your input and feedback make a difference.  Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher or principal when you see an opportunity for us to improve or when you encounter a challenge that we can assist you in navigating.  I am incredibly proud of the manner in which we have all pulled together throughout this crisis, and I look forward to the days that we return to full-time attendance for all students and staff.  Please feel free to contact me if you have an issue that requires my personal attention or if you have the insight to share.


Thank you,

Joseph R. Williams, Ed. D.   



11 de noviembre de 2020



Estimadas familias de Queen Bee,


Espero que esta carta los encuentre sanos y seguros. Como estoy seguro de que son conscientes, la situación de la salud pública se ha intensificado considerablemente durante las últimas semanas. Hemos visto un aumento significativo en la tasa de propagación de la comunidad, prueba de positividad, y un aumento de la agudeza de la infección a las personas. Este patrón es constante en toda nuestra comunidad, nuestro condado y en todo el estado de Illinois. Las métricas de salud pública en las que confiamos para tomar nuestras decisiones con respecto a la realización de nuestro programa de instrucción híbrida se pueden encontrar en nuestro sitio web, y todas han tendido a indicar un riesgo sustancial de transmisión.  

He estado trabajando con nuestro equipo de seguridad de COVID del distrito para revisar nuestras prácticas, procedimientos y los datos de salud pública actualizados a lo largo de esta emergencia para modelar la transparencia y asegurar que nuestras decisiones estén informadas por los mejores datos disponibles. A pesar de nuestra decisión de pausar nuestro programa Híbrido y la implementación de las mejores prácticas disponibles para la mitigación de virus, hemos visto un aumento en las infecciones entre nuestros empleados y dentro de la comunidad.

Después de una revisión cuidadosa de los mejores datos internos y externos, ampliaremos la pausa de nuestro programa de instrucción híbrido hasta las vacaciones de invierno. Parece haber pocas posibilidades de una ventana de Calificación Naranja o Riesgo Moderado de Transmisión, y un regreso a Híbrido durante una semana o dos presentaría más interrupciones a nuestros estudiantes que ya han sufrido interrupciones significativas durante el transcurso de este año. Mi intención es revisar los datos de salud pública disponibles el 11 de enero de 2021 y determinar si los datos respaldan un regreso al programa Hibrido a partir del 14 de enero de 2021. Tengo la esperanza de que la tasa de infección comience a disminuir, y los números entonces indicarán que es razonable realizar instrucción en persona. 

La pandemia nos ha presentado a todos desafíos que pocos imaginaban enfrentar y problemas que aún menos estaban dispuestos a resolver. La seguridad de nuestros estudiantes, familias y empleados sigue siendo nuestra prioridad, y la educación sigue siendo nuestra responsabilidad. La probabilidad actual de transmisión dentro de nuestras escuelas sigue siendo alta en este nivel de propagación e infección, y no necesito un brote para tomar una decisión responsable. Seguimos comprometidos en brindar una educación sobresaliente en las condiciones actuales, y reanudaremos nuestro Programa de instrucción híbrido cuando las métricas indiquen que es razonable hacerlo. 

Continúo agradeciendo su paciencia, asociación y comprensión mientras continuamos enfrentando los desafíos que se nos presentan de frente y con integridad. Seguimos comprometidos con nuestra mejora continua, y sus comentarios y sugerencias marcan la diferencia. No dude en ponerse en contacto con el maestro o el director de su hijo cuando vea una oportunidad para que mejoremos o cuando encuentre un desafío en el que podamos ayudarlo a navegar. Estoy increíblemente orgulloso de la manera en que todos nos hemos unido a lo largo de esta crisis, y espero con ansias los días en que volvamos a la asistencia de tiempo completo para todos los estudiantes y el personal. No dude en ponerse en contacto conmigo si tiene un problema que requiera mi atención personal o si tiene información para compartir.



Joseph R. Williams, Ed. D.  




عزیز کوئین بی اہل خانہ،


مجھے امید ہے کہ یہ خط آپ کو صحت مند اور محفوظ پایا ہے۔ چونکہ مجھے یقین ہے کہ آپ کو معلوم ہے ، صحت عامہ کی صورتحال پچھلے کچھ ہفتوں کے دوران کافی حد تک تیز ہوگئی ہے۔ ہم نے معاشرے میں پھیلاؤ ، ٹیسٹ کی مثبتیت اور افراد میں انفیکشن کی شدت میں اضافہ دیکھا ہے۔ یہ نمونہ ہماری برادری ، ہمارے کاؤنٹی اور پوری ریاست الینوائے میں مستقل ہے۔ صحت عامہ کی پیمائش جس پر ہم اپنے ہائبرڈ انسٹرکشنل پروگرام کے انعقاد کے بارے میں اپنے فیصلے کرنے پر انحصار کرتے ہیں وہ ہماری ویب سائٹ پر پایا جاسکتا ہے ، اور وہ تمام تر ٹرانسمیشن کے خاطرخواہ خطرہ کی نشاندہی کرنے کا رجحان رکھتے ہیں۔


شفافیت کا نمونہ لگانے اور ہمارے فیصلوں کو دستیاب بہترین اعداد و شمار سے مطلع کرنے کے لئے، میں اس ایمرجنسی میں اپنے طریقوں ، طریقہ کار ، اور صحت عامہ کے تازہ ترین اعداد و شمار کا جائزہ لینے کے لئے اپنی ضلعی کوویڈ سیفٹی ٹیم کے ساتھ کام کر رہا ہوں۔ ہمارے ہائبرڈ کو روکنے اور وائرس کے خاتمے کے لئے دستیاب بہترین طریق کار کے نفاذ کے فیصلے کے باوجود ، ہم نے اپنے ملازمین اور معاشرے میں انفیکشن میں اضافہ دیکھا ہے۔


بہترین داخلی اور خارجی اعداد و شمار کا بغور جائزہ لینے کے بعد ، ہم موسم سرما کی تعطیلات کے وقفے کے ذریعے اپنے ہائبرڈ انسٹرکشنل پروگرام کے وقفے کو بڑھا رہے ہیں۔ ایسا لگتا ہے کہ اورنج ریٹنگ یا ٹرانسمیشن کے اعتدال پسند خطرہ کی ونڈو کا امکان بہت کم ہے ، اور ہائبرڈ میں ایک یا دو ہفتوں کے لئے واپسی ہمارے طلباء کو مزید رکاوٹ پیش کرے گی جو اس سال کے دوران پوری طرح سے اہم رکاوٹیں برداشت کرچکے ہیں۔ میرا ارادہ ہے کہ 11 جنوری 2021 کو عوامی صحت کے دستیاب اعداد و شمار کا جائزہ لیں اور یہ عزم کریں کہ اگر ڈیٹا 14 جنوری 2021 کو ہائبرڈ میں واپسی کی حمایت کرتا ہے۔ مجھے امید ہے کہ انفیکشن کی شرح کم ہونا شروع ہوجائے گی ، اور پھر یہ تعداد اس بات کی نشاندہی کرے گی کہ ذاتی حیثیت میں ہدایت دینا مناسب ہے۔ وبائی مرض نے ہم سب کو ایسے چیلنجوں کے ساتھ پیش کیا ہے جن کے بارے میں کچھ لوگوں نے تصور کیا ہے اور جن مسائل کو حل کرنے کے لئے بھی کم تیار ہیں۔ ہمارے طلباء ، اہل خانہ اور ملازمین کی حفاظت ہماری ترجیح بنی ہوئی ہے ، اور تعلیم ہی ہماری ذمہ داری بنی ہوئی ہے۔ ہمارے اسکولوں میں ٹرانسمیشن کی موجودہ امکانات پھیلاؤ اور انفیکشن کی اس سطح پر بہت زیادہ ہیں ، اور مجھے ذمہ دار فیصلہ کرنے کے لئے پھیلاؤ کا انتظار کرنے کی ضرورت نہیں ہے۔ ہم موجودہ حالات میں ایک عمدہ تعلیم کی فراہمی کے لئے پرعزم ہیں ، اور جب ہم میٹرکس اشارہ کرتے ہیں کہ ایسا کرنا مناسب ہے تو ہم اپنا ہائبرڈ انسٹرکشنل پروگرام دوبارہ شروع کریں گے۔


 میں آپ کے صبر ، شراکت ، اور تفہیم کی تعریف کرتا رہتا ہوں کیوں کہ ہم پیش چیلنجوں کا مقابلہ کرتے رہتے ہیں۔ ہم اپنی مستقل بہتری کے لئے پرعزم ہیں ، اور آپ کے ان پٹ اور آراء سے فرق پڑتا ہے۔ جب آپ کو کوئی چیلنج درپیش ہو کہ ہم آپ کی مدد کرسکتے ہیں یا جب آپ ہمارے پاس بہتری لانے کا موقع دیکھیں تو براہ کرم اپنے بچے کے استاد یا پرنسپل سے رابطہ کریں۔ مجھے اس بحران پر ناقابل یقین حد تک فخر ہے جس میں ہم سب نے مل کر اس بحران کا سامنا کیا ہے ، اور میں ان دنوں کا منتظر ہوں کہ ہم تمام طلباء اور عملے کی کل وقتی حاضری پر واپس آئیں۔ براہ کرم مجھ سے بلا جھجک مجھ سے رابطہ کریں اگر آپ کو کوئی ایسا مسئلہ درپیش ہے جس میں میری ذاتی توجہ کی ضرورت ہے یا اگر آپ کو اشتراک کرنے کی بصیرت ہے۔                                          آپ کا شکریہ ،                                         جوزف آر ولیمز ، ایڈ۔ ڈی                                         سپرنٹنڈنٹ